Herpes is a very common and infectious disease, known especially by those who suffer from immunodeficiency, illness, stress or autumn colds. How do you prevent herpes? With proper nutrition and frequent intake of vitamins contained in fresh fruits and vegetables. But also with good mood and harmony.
The course of the infection
The beginning of the disease reminds of a common flu. The infection does not always develop into a blister on the lips. Sometimes you fight flu-like symptoms for a few days, but no blister appears. The virus never leaves the body, it stays there and usually becomes active when the organism has been weakened by another illness or stress. Then a typical cold sore forms. The first type of herpes often occurs in babies and later in adult and old people. The second type occurs at the beginning of sexual maturity, between 14 and 29 years.
Wikimedia Commons, author: BruceBlaus, CC BY-SA 4.0
A worldwide infection
The infectious herpes disease with typical blisters is the most common infection in the world. The most common types of herpes are called HSV1 and HSV2.
The first type is responsible for the onset of herpes in the facial area, especially on the lips. It is often transferred while kissing. The second type is transmitted during sexual intercourse and results in blisters in the genital area. In certain cases, HSV1 may also cause a blister in the genital area and HSV2 may cause a blister on the lips.
The most important preventive measure is strict hygiene – washing hands, using clean towels and clean cutlery, and above all, sharing these things with healthy people only. If you suffer from herpes, you should wash your hands often and pay attention to all the other principles of hygiene. Herpes spreads very quickly and it can stay in the body for a long time before it becomes active.
Herpes often appears as a result of different stressors. It can be sunscreen, direct sunlight, unhealthy diet, alcohol, dehydration or a generally poor lifestyle.
You should eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, lean meat and wholemeal bread in order to avoid a herpes infection – not only during a disease, but all the year round. We also recommend to avoid sugar, sweets, fast foods and artificial sweeteners and flavor enhancers. Instead, there are many delicious foods that fight the viruses, for example garlic, coconut oil or ginger.
When suffering from the second type of herpes, the use of a condom is always recommended.
Treatment of herpes
A small, uncomplicated cold sore often heals within ten days. You can accelerate the healing with different antiviral remedies, which also relieve the pain. There are also ointments containing acyclovirus that can also help in the first phase when the cold sore has not developed yet. It is very important that the blister can heal in peace and without further injury – the affected area should not be scratched. If the cold sore is scratched, the infection can spread even more and that means longer pain and a longer healing phase. If the sore does not heal within two weeks, you should discuss further steps with a doctor.
Treatment of herpes with natural remedies
It is not always necessary to go to the pharmacy immediately, when you developed a cold sore. Try one of the many herbal remedies or herbal teas that help cure herpes. Or you can eat antiviral foods – garlic, coconut oil or ginger.
Herbal tea for the treatment of herpes
Soothing lemon balm tea
Ingredients: 10 g lemon balm, 10 g burdock root, 10 g couch grass root, 10 g nettle, 5 g walnut leaves
Mix all ingredients. Pour 1 teaspoonful of the mixture into 200 ml of cold water. Let it rest for two hours, then bring to a boil and cook for a minute. Let it rest for another fifteen minutes and then drain. It is best to drink a cup of this tea three times a day. The blend has a deeply soothing effect.
Wallwort macerate with marshmallow
Ingredients: 30 g marshmallow root, 30 g wallwort root
In the evening, put two teaspoons of the mixture into three cups of cold water. Let it rest overnight and bring it to a boil in the morning, but do not cook. Let it rest for 30 minutes and then pour it off. Drink regularly during the day, one and a half cup at each meal.
Healing plaster and first aid with natural remedies
The following plasters are particularly effective:
- A healing plaster of diluted yeast is very popular. Dilute the yeast with water and cover the cold sore with the mixture. The sore dries very quickly together with the yeast and it makes the healing time considerably shorter. Yeast contains a large amount of vitamin B, that is especially helpful.
- A frozen sachet of green tea is also effective. Freeze an already used bag of green tea in the freezer and put it on the herpes. When the cold sore is really big, a strong infusion of green tea helps.
- The affected area can also be treated with slices of antiviral garlic. Garlic, together with ginger and coconut oil, is a good preventative against viral diseases. Garlic is also very effective internally.
- If you like to cure yourself with herbs, sprinkle the cold sore with powdered liquorice. It fights the viruses that cause herpes and significantly shortens the time of healing.
- You can also prepare plaster from hyssop: Pour 30 g of dried hyssop into 0,5 liter of boiling water, let it infuse for at least fifteen minutes and then allow to cool. Immerse a piece of cloth in the infusion and place it on the cold sore.
- The leaves of coltsfoot are very useful in spring. Collect the leaves, beat them with a knife to drain juice and place them on the cold sore. Change after one hour.
- There are also other certified natural remedies, but we cannot mention them here for legal reasons. Any questions? Then write us please, , we will be in touch asap!
- Experiences of our customers:
We wish you nature to help and relieve your pain!